Africa Born has the use of stunning private villas overlooking the white sands of Kilifi and Watamu, on Kenya’s north coast. Both destinations provide the perfect location for an extensive variety of watersports and back-to-nature activities.
The houses are architectural gems, combining ornate Arab designs with luxurious comforts: towering wooden doors, frangipani-scented courtyards, shady swimming pools, enchanting al fresco dining areas – all tended by our charming and ever-attentive staff. Fan-cooled four-poster beds with expansive ocean views provide a haven of rest… and immersion in a classic coastal world of unfettered luxury and relaxation.
Africa Born offers a huge range of different activities and excursions which we believe lets you experience the best aspects of what the coastline has to offer. The fact that all these activities are led by an Africa Born guide means that you have the opportunity to witness all the hidden gems that have taken all our lives to find and that you would normally not have access too. Below are a few of the things we have on offer.
Water Sports are Africa Born’s forte. Sam and Paolo between them have numerous sailing and boating qualifications and are both very able water sportsmen. Our Guests’ safety is paramount and one of the reasons why Africa Born’s water sports equipment is of excellent quality.
Any outsourcing is only done with the best qualified and equipped centers in the area.
- Snorkeling and scuba diving at world-famous dive sites
- Kite-surfing, windsurfing, waterskiing and wakeboarding
- Kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboarding in ocean or creeks
- World-class billfish expeditions and in-shore line fishing
- Superb bird watching in coastal forests and river canals
- Ancient historical sites & authentic Giriama village visits
- Horse riding safaris with experienced equestrian guides
- Hands-on support for local marine conservation projects